Attention Jacksonville Area Garage Door Consumers
My name is James Fuqua, owner/operator of A1A Overhead Door Co.
Recently it has come to my attention that some of our competitors are using misleading and unethical tactics in an effort to fool consumers and undermine quality, ethically run businesses like ours. I’d like to share a couple of these tactics that we are aware of, and then share the real facts!
- A Certified Building Contractor (C.B.C.) license is NOT required to repair or install garage doors. An occupational license is required to repair garage doors and a specialty license is required for garage door installations. A1A Overhead Door Co. is a fully licensed and insured business that ONLY specializes in the repair and installation of garage doors and garage door openers.
- State building code REQUIRES the installation of HURRICANE RATED garage doors. Still, some companies attempt to sell inferior quality, non-code compliant doors. If you get a price that seems too good to be true, you may not be getting the “real deal”. To be certain that you are getting a code compliant door, ask your contractor for a copy of the engineering. If they can’t or won’t supply this document, or if this document does not match the door you are purchasing, it is not a hurricane rated door.
Hopefully shining a light on these bad business practices will dissuade the companies from continuing to operate in this manner.
Here at A1A Overhead our priorities are Quality, Integrity and You, The Customer. We aren’t always the cheapest company in town and we aren’t the most expensive either, but we strive to consistently provide top notch service and product second to none. We would love the opportunity to earn your business.
Why Choose Us?
- Same Day Service
- Competitive Prices
- Open 7 Days a Week
- Free Quotes Over the Phone
- Family Owned and Operated
- Top of the Line and High Quality Products