Types of Garage Doors in Jacksonville, FL
If you’re like most Jacksonville residents, you likely have some trouble deciding how to decorate your home’s exterior. It can be particularly difficult to settle on a garage door, which accounts for a considerable portion of the typical home’s façade. As long as you do your research and work closely with an experienced Jacksonville garage door company, you can find a garage door that suits your home very well. Whichever door you choose, the installation experts at A1A Overhead Door Company will gladly install it for you.
Popular Door Materials
There are many garage door materials that match all kinds of homes. The door material should factor heavily into your decision.
- Aluminum: Aluminum doors are light, strong, and low-maintenance. However, they don’t usually provide as much insulation as other door materials.
- Steel: Steel is the strongest garage door material, and can better stand up to hurricane-force winds. As far as maintenance goes, a steel door may need the occasional touchup.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is a very popular choice among Jacksonville residents. Vinyl doors are also very durable, and do not need to be painted.
- Wood: Though wood is elegant, it’s not a very practical garage door material. Still, you might consider a wood door if your home is reasonably protected from high winds.
Types of Doors to Consider
Once you decide on a material, you’ll need to consider which style you want. Here are a few to get you started.
- Flat Panel: If you’re interested in a modern look that will catch the eyes of passersby, consider the sleek look of a flat-panel garage door.
- Raised Panel: For a more traditional look, choose a garage door with raised panels. Unlike flat-panel doors, raised-panel doors have squares that provide some visual texture.
- Roll-Up: As their name suggests, roll-up doors roll into a tight spiral whenever they open. Steel roll-up doors are especially popular among businesses.
- Carriage Door: Instead of opening vertically, a carriage door opens horizontally from the middle. If you’d like to give your property some rustic charm, consider installing a carriage door.
Choosing a Garage Door
When choosing a garage door, it’s important to consider how it looks with the rest of your property. You might choose a door that matches your siding or provides an interesting contrast. In Jacksonville, it’s also important to choose a door that can withstand the high winds and flying debris of a hurricane. For help narrowing down your options, ask the garage door experts at A1A Overhead Door Company. Once you select your ideal garage door, we’ll gladly install it for you and provide whatever maintenance and repair services you need.
Why Choose Us?
- Same Day Service
- Competitive Prices
- Open 7 Days a Week
- Free Quotes Over the Phone
- Family Owned and Operated
- Top of the Line and High Quality Products